Pumpkin 2 : Electric Boogaloo.
I love pumpkin. Pumpkin is by far my favorite gourd. Okay, it's not a gourd but is in the same plant family. I think this is my second favorite use for pumpkin next to pumpkin pie. I've updated my old recipe and changed this to about 1 carb per Whoopie pie.
(Makes 12 cookies)
- 3/4 of a cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups fine ground almond flour ( I used Bob's Redmill )
- 8 Tablespoons of melted salted butter
- 3 Teaspoons of pumpkin pie seasoning
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Xantham gum
- 4oz softened Neufchatel cheese
- 1 Table spoon Walden Farms maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of softened butter
Preheat oven to 350
Wisk together dry ingredients in one bowl until thoroughly combined. In another bowl combine all wet ingredients until combined. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
Line one cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a 1 tablespoon disher, dish out 24 cookies and flatten slightly. Bake for aprox 12 min and cool on a wire rack.
While cookies are cooling combine icing ingredients and whip till smooth. Place 1/2 tablespoon of filling in between two cookies.
Nutritional info per cookie
[ 115 cal, 2g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 2g protein, 1g fiber, 1 net carbohydrate]